Job Title: Junior Software Engineer (Mobile app, C++)
Job type: Full Time, Entry/graduate level
Start date: ASAP
Location: Old Street
The Junior Software Engineer will work alongside a team of passionate and dedicated developers to design and implement new features in the Azoomee mobile apps.
The role will usually involve a blend of UI programming, animation, networking, SDK integrations and optimisation. We use Cocos2d-x (C++), so experience with this or a similar cross-platform game engine is a big bonus.
Experience with UI programming, particularly working with common UI patterns such as layout managers will help you stand out. Experience working on products for mobile is also really important.
Strong C++ skills are essential to the role, as is knowledge of good OO design and design patterns. You will be expected to take an active participation in code architecture design sessions and you should also be comfortable with estimating your work.
* Strong proficiency in C++
* Good knowledge of OO design and design patterns
* Experience with Cocos2d-x or a similar game engine a plus
* Experience with other languages such as Java and Python a plus
* Experience working on products for mobile a plus
* Good communicator, logical, rational and not afraid to challenge and be challenged
* Good independent technical problem solving skills but knows when to ask for help
* Can work in a small team with minimal direction and oversight
* Pragmatic but with a strong grounding on technical best practices
* Use to working in a fast-changing environment
HOW TO APPLY
Please send your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Azoomee is a kids media company and app development studio. Our mission is to provide safe and positive screen time to families around the globe. Partnering with the largest telcos, cable operators and devices manufacturers, Azoomee is live in 120 countries on mobile devices, connected TVs and on the web. Our acquisition of Da Vinci Media in 2019 has significantly expanded our footprint and our audience to 47 million families worldwide.