Azoomee is a digital entertainment platform for children 5 – 10 to watch, play and learn online. We’re looking for an exceptional UX/UI practitioner who’s passionate about creating amazing experiences for children and families. Reporting to the Creative Director and working closely with the Product and Tech teams, the UX/UI Designer will have a key role in our ambitious and fast-growing start-up.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Researching best practices and confidently presenting your findings back to the team.
- Writing feature requirements.
- Designing user journeys and wireframes from sketches to clickable prototypes.
- Considering responsive design for mobile, desktop and smart TV.
- Testing and evidencing theories.
- Working closely with other designers to establish a consistent design aesthetic.
- Minimum of 3 years in a similar role.
- Demonstrable understanding of responsive design across multiple digital platforms.
- Expert at creating wires and prototypes.
- Solid understanding of UX design fundamentals.
- A great communicator. You’ll be expected to present ideas and help inspire a team.
- A good understanding of accessibility in design.
- An evidenced history of product testing with consumers.
- A calm and approachable attitude to work even when under pressure.
- Passionate about creating work that is both on brief and that you believe in.
- An inspiring mind who will help us cultivate an amazing design team.
- An ability to stay focussed on the bigger strategy even when focussing on granular details.
Nice to have:
- Experience working on child friendly platforms.
- Experience working with external clients.
- Experience testing prototypes with young people.
- Experience working in a start-up environment.
About the role:
- Salary: competitive, subject to experience
- Full-time, permanent
- 25 days holiday
- Subsidised gym membership
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United Kingdom
Apply by emailing us at email@example.com and telling us why you’d like to work with us and what you can offer; feel free to include or link to your portfolio.
Our office is based near Old Street, London. Our team members, investors and advisors come from the Media & Entertainment industry and together we are executing an ambitious plan to grow Azoomee into the best children’s media technology company. Azoomee is a BAFTA-nominated, multi-award winning product, selected by Apple as ‘App of the Day’ in 2018 and is partnered with O2 and Vodafone. This is a great opportunity to join our winning team at a key stage in the company’s life as we expand internationally.